Be part of the biggest feast Hull has ever seen!
Freedom Festival Arts Trust, in partnership with Hull Harvest Feastival and Keepmoat Homes, are working together to deliver a gastronomic event like no other.
The Freedom FEASTival will take place in the Freedom Festival Gardens situated in Queens Gardens on 3rd September as part of a wider programme of outdoor arts, circus, interactive installations and workshops where we will see thousands of people come together in a celebration of people, cultures and community… a carnival of colour and fun.
Throughout the summer Freedom FEASTival will hold events at allotments and farms across the city to grow and harvest vegetables and to cook and prepare recipes for the big event on 3rd September.
We need you!
There are lots of opportunities for volunteers to get involved with this project by growing and cooking food (see a list of activities and dates below) and you can register your interest in getting involved by completing the sign-up form or by downloading our volunteer booklet for more information.
Limited free tickets to have a seat at the feast will be released via www.freedomfestival.co.uk from 23rd June – sign up for our newsletter to be first in the queue.
Come to one of our volunteer events below – and don’t forget your boots and gloves!
- Thursday 22nd June, 9.30 – 2pm , Fruit thinning, Pickering Road Orchard
- Monday 19th June, 15am – 4pm, Gardening, Rise walled garden – meet at Timebank office (lifts required).
- Wednesday 21st June, 5.30 – 7pm & 7pm – 9pm , Volunteer Induction 3 & Eat and Meet with signed up volunteers only (sign up below), Sikh temple, Anlaby Road
- Thursday 6th July, 9.30 – 2pm, Orchard activities, Pickering Road Orchard
- Saturday 15th July, 10am – 12pm, Gardening – Plot maintenance, Keepmoat allotment
- Monday 17th July, 9.15am – 4pm, Gardening, Rise walled garden
- Thursday 20th July, 9.30am – 2pm, Orchard activities, Pickering Road Orchard
- Wednesday 26th July, 11am – 3pm, Gardening, East hull Community farm
- Wednesday 26th July, 5.30pm – 7pm Volunteer induction and 7pm onwards Eat and Meet, East Hull Community farm
- Thursday 3rd August, 9,30am – 2pm, Orchard activities, Pickering Road Orchard
- Wednesday 16th August, 5pm – 6pm Gardening followed by outdoor Eat and Meet 7pm – 9pm, Keepmoat allotment
- Thursday 17th August, 9.30am – 2pm, Apple juicing master class, Pickering Road Orchard
- Monday 21st August, Gardening, Rise walled garden (lifts required)
- Saturday 26th August, 1pm – 4pm, Potato harvesting and BBQ, Keepmoat allotment
- Wednesday 30th of August, 10am -2pm, Harvest master class followed by crop harvest, Frith Farm
- Saturday 2nd September, 8am -10am, Harvest 2, Frith Farm
- Wed 30th Aug – Sat 2nd Sept, Various Donations collection
We’ll see you there!