Freedom to enjoy: our checklist for a great weekend
This weekend, join us for a weekend of wonder as we celebrate and explore themes of freedom through dance, circus, music, talks, art and food.
Here’s our checklist for an incredible weekend.
- Seek out new experiences. Be curious, explore, try something new. Don’t just go for the spectacular, often the most memorable performances are those that you weren’t expecting.
- Rediscover the city in new locations. Music and entertainment in Zeb’s Yard, empty shops transformed in Whitefriargate, this year we’re popping up in new locations as we encourage you to rediscover your city.
- The city is the stage for our festival. Please look after it. Put your rubbish in the bin and better still, recycle it where possible.
- Start planning your weekend now. Don’t know where to start? Download the daily planners.
- Pick up a programme. Printed programmes are available to pick up from venues across the city centre and in your community now. They will also be available throughout the festival weekend. Like last year, if you can spare it, we’re asking for a £1 donation to help #KeepFreedomFree.
- Beat the crowds. Some performances have a maximum capacity, so if there’s something that you really want to see, get there early.
- Try it yourself. This year marks 250 years since the first circus, so come and put your skills to the test in one of our interactive family workshops.
- Park and ride. Some roads will be closed so we recommend you park, ride and relax on your way to Freedom Festival. Park up for free then pay on the bus. For further details about road closures and Park and Ride, click here.
- Ask a volunteer. Our Freedom volunteers are the beating heart of our festival. They are extremely knowledgeable, friendly and will be on hand to answer any questions.
- Stay social. All the useful information you may need is on our website. Follow our story on social media and share your Freedom story at #MyFreedom. Over the festival weekend keep an eye out on our social media channels for announcements and updates.